Monday, February 23, 2004

Let's see if this works today. I've been posting, publishing & republishing all to no avail. Spending as much time as possible climbing the new Hali hills and walking in the middle of the street as taxicabs rush by splattering me with dirty slush. I love the state of emergency. It can blizzard on my town anytime. Chaos is my lifestyle, even as organized as I am with my work I prefer life around me to be entirely chaotic. Eye of the storm syndrome. I could never be Dorothy, I'd have to be the tornado itself, or those spankin' red shoes.
In 1998 I hitchhiked down south to visit New Orleans with a compadre. Too many tales to begin from that trip but I bring it up because while riding through Kansas in an 18 wheeler a tornado danced its heady self across the horizon and it slayed me. A lot of things could have been running through my head but all I could think as I laughed to myself at the utter blessedness of it all was "Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore" Of course I was in Kansas and as I've stated I could never be Dorothy but oh what bliss when fiction because fact and faerytales become the stuff your actual life is made of.
If anyone's read Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins then you know all about my stay in New Orleans. He was absolutely correct: that is one hell of a smelly city in the early morning. Phew. I learned a lot in New Orleans. I learned more in Kansas.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home