Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Soul to Keep

The past year & 2 months brought a lot of confrontation with death too soon, death too young, death too chosen & death too sad. That's why it hit me so hard to see her appear so tiny in the too small bed, only half private with the cotton curtain pulled around her. She wasn't dying, not yet, but there it was, the reality of the possibility for her of that, of death, and she had seemed so large, so indestructible, since I met her. And there I kissed her for the first time with my wishes of "Please don't go" for the first time. Know what's as hard as to lose as friends & lovers? To lose Mums.
And so Mum, now I lay me down to sleep, I pray...

1Comments:

Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

Beautifully written. How very sad. I hope your Mum is okay.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home