Sunday, August 08, 2004

True North Strong & Free

Someone should have told me that magnetic north moves around according to the swishing of the molton lava in the earth's core. I forget the basic things, such as the fact that a volcano spews the earth's innards to the surface and outward. Everything in must come out...
Anyway this idea that magnetic north moves screws me up because I thought magnetic north was TRUE north and this is harder on me than the entire Santa Claus fiasco. North is not true? True north is changeable and thus not truly the real actual north you thought it was because it may have moved?
Hmmmm. Fine, have it your way geological laws of nature and leave me out of the loop. I was better off before I met ya.


2Comments:

Blogger crystal said...

I think there's a "true north" and a "magnetic north." Magnetic north does move, and that affects compasses. Some periods in history actually have the north pole where the south is now and vice versa. Right now, it is the longest amount of time ever that the poles have not switched. If it happened now, it would totally screw up the climate, and NS might be tropical.

1:01 PM  
Blogger skinned said...

tropical you say?

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home