Monday, January 19, 2004

Only one week left of too much work. I could be an entire staff of 10 right now and there would still be too much work. The phone guy is here to install the second line, one for work one for private. It's not going very well. First he installed the new number into the old jack and asked me? "were you aware you already have phone hook-up & a working line?" Well, yes I was. Could I have it back now? So he re-instates the first phone line and starts to pack up his stuff to go without having installed the second line which is why he was here in the first place. Ok, y'all know I'm not paying for all this. So he asks, where do you want the second line installed. I say in the kitchen or here by the other phone. There's no jack in the kitchen and I don't want the extra charge so by the other phone it is. He starts taking apart the already working jack and I'm saying to him "Is that necessary? I'm keeping that line? Shouldn't you just put another one right next to it?" Now I don't like to be a back seat driver and I'm no phone technician but when he's done if I still have only one phone line and my old number that I'm keeping gets replaced with my new number that I want as well, Someone's getting those two little roach clips he's using to read the numbers right on his eyelids.
...minutes later...
I had a look at his work order and all it says is to install a phone line. Can't blame a guy for not being given the right info. I'll offer him some coffee to make up for the things I've been saying about him in my mind. I'm even gonna pay him, but only for the work I ordered.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home