Saturday, January 24, 2004

Friday, January 23, 2004 -"No black people in the ..."
My comrade repeated it to the speaker to make sure I would hear it so I would know what I was dealing with. Exposed it purposefully because he wanted me to know I was in enemy territory, being treated like a queen because they don't know me. Assuming I was one of them, like them. Loving me for my blue eyes.
I become articulate. My spine finds its stance. I grow a foot in stature. My blood turns to venom. They will say these things about my children.
I can't kill them. I can't cut out their tongues. I can't decapitate or castrate them to ensure that their genes are drained right out of the pool. My society protects them. My government funds them.
I would tell you the whole story, but it isn't necessary. The names and the place and details don't matter because it's only one of many. They came from away, like aliens.
They didn't understand the change in me. What had been a fluid conversation between us changed to them fuddling around with words. It was a cold wind that swept through the room and froze the camaraderie. They became confused and unsure. There was so much blood in my head they could hear the pounding of the pulse in my temples.
They knew I had spit in their faces but it was so full of sugar they were confused. They knew I had bitten their bloody heads off but I was so charming. There are small actions I've taken and they still don't understand what hit them. In just a few hours they will get it. In just a few hours my army rolls over the hill and the Trojan horse of my blue eyes will sparkle and shine.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home