Saturday, January 24, 2004

I'm going out on point. I'm in a strange position where there's a lot at stake. A dividing line between my future and my recent past. Last night I sat with a sickness in my gut as I witnessed two worlds collide, the powerful kicked the underdog in the teeth. Both sides are guilty of sticking so closely to their own guns that a peace accord is not only improbable but impossible. The victor in the war, knowing the taste of victory poured salt in the wound as though it was a shot of tequila. Drove the point home even as the point had already parked and turned off the keys of ignition. When the victorious flaunt their victory they lose a modicum of respect, but they continue to gain and reign in glory. It's rough business.
There's a lot to be said for forthrightness. It's easier on everybody to be frank and up front. To have the kudos to just say what the plan of action is rather than leaving the players groping in the dark, growing angry in vulnerability, plotting against you for leaving them raw and exposed.
There's a lot to be said for having the kudos to cut the lines cleanly, lessen the scar tissue. A clean sharp slice is easier to heal from than a rusty jagged edge.
Who gains strength from the situation?

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home